Re: nVidia Optumus prevents using CUDA?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122725] Re: nVidia Optumus prevents using CUDA?
  • From: "Oleksandr Rasputinov" <oleksandr_rasputinov at hmamail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 05:55:06 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 11:56:21 -0000, Oleksandr Rasputinov
<oleksandr_rasputinov at hmamail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 08:48:48 -0000, DmitryG <einschlag at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> It is unfortunately Mathematica 8.0.4 that does not accept any
>> compilers except of the Intel C Compiler, according to
>> CCompilers[Full]. Checked on Windows 7 and Mac Snow Leopard.
>>

> Don't be too discouraged by CCompilers[Full]. On 8.0.1 I get:
>
> In[2]:= CCompilers[Full]
>
> Out[2]= {{"Name" -> "MinGW",
>    "Compiler" -> CCompilerDriver`MinGWCompiler`MinGWCompiler,
>    "CompilerInstallation" ->
>     "C:\\MinGW-w64\\bin\\x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe",
>    "CompilerName" -> Automatic}, {"Name" -> "Intel Compiler",
>    "Compiler" -> CCompilerDriver`IntelCompiler`IntelCompiler,
>    "CompilerInstallation" -> None,
>    "CompilerName" -> Automatic}, {"Name" -> "Generic C Compiler",
>    "Compiler" -> CCompilerDriver`GenericCCompiler`GenericCCompiler,
>    "CompilerInstallation" -> None, "CompilerName" -> Automatic}}
>
> (where MinGW reflects my own modifications to work with MinGW-w64; this
> is not standard). As you can see, Visual C++ is missing. But, when I
> installed Visual C++ per the directions above, it did show up in
> CCompilers[] and it did work correctly. Not sure why CCompilers[Full]
> omits it (but you can look at the package source code to find out if
> you're curious).

Having now updated to 8.0.4, I can confirm I get the same output from
CCompilers[Full] as listed above, but MinGW-w64 still works correctly
using the same modifications as worked for 8.0.1. Given Oliver
Ruebenkoenig's statement that the other compilers are also still supported
just as before, I presume the same is true for Visual C++ as well.
Therefore, a configuration issue specific to your computer looks
overwhelmingly likely.