Re: FinancialData - how to find ticker symbols?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122729] Re: FinancialData - how to find ticker symbols?
  • From: "Chris Degnen" <degnen at cwgsy.net>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 06:22:24 -0500 (EST)

My method has been to Google the stock, e.g. Siemens, finding "SI".

Then look up possible tickers to find a match

possibles = FinancialData["*:SI", "Lookup"]

Check the names and exchanges

FinancialData[#, "Name"] & /@ possibles

FinancialData[#, "Exchange"] & /@ possibles

And finally check the quote matches what I expect:

FinancialData["NYSE:SI"]