Re: Problem:a texture on only one face of a Polyhedron

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122896] Re: Problem:a texture on only one face of a Polyhedron
  • From: Roger Bagula <roger.bagula at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 07:09:39 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 11, 4:36 am, Yves Klett <yves.kl... at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the following is straight from the documentation of Texture (Neat
> Examples) with Opacity of EdgeForm set to 1, because otherwise the
> textures are not actually displayed on my machine. Perhaps you can crib
> some of the code.
> Regards,
> Yves

Yves Klett
Thanks, I missed that...
 it works, but in only one view,( got my own texture in), but
it won't export a 3d model and the picture  has the manipulate box
that has to trimmed or cropped.
I'd already figured out the texture coordinates have to be 2d
and orientated triangles.
You do know that Mathematica textures are not exportable to
3ds, or obj 3d models?
Texture ( real in 3d) are a harder problem.
What I'm trying to do is get a specifically orientated triangle of my
own texture
tiled onto the Icosahedron.
I'm closer now.
Roger