Problem displaying user-created .cdf files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122926] Problem displaying user-created .cdf files
  • From: Gary <gpalmerlv at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 04:46:46 -0500 (EST)

The cdf. files that I create do not display properly. They can be
opened, viewed, and manipulated with Mathematica, but CDF Player is
able to display them only partially, even after enabling Dynamics. The
same problem occurs when they open in a web page.

I get the right size box and properly labeled axes, but a tan
background (the intended one is light yellow). The four sliders appear
properly labeled above the display window, but none of the real
content (a disk, three arrows, and a sphere) of the demonstration
appears. The slider buttons slide, but since there are no objects in
the display, they can't do anything.

To the best of my knowledge, I followed all the instructions for
preparing the .cdf file: close unwanted cells, hide brackets, enable
Deployed in Cell Options --> General Properties --> Deployed, making
sure that the file "rotate_demo.cdf" was selected in the menu of the
Options for Global Preferences dialog. I saved the file as .cdf using
the menu choice in the save dialog. I tried each of the following two
html tags in a web page.

<script src="http://www.wolfram.com/cdf-player/plugin/v1.0/
cdfplugin.js"
type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript">// <!
[CDATA[
var cdf = new cdf_plugin();
cdf.addCDFObject("rotate_demo_applet", "rotate_demo.cdf", 800, 800);
// ]]></script>

<embed src="rotate_demo.cdf" width="1000" height="1000">

Files downloaded from Wolfram's demonstration .cdf files and opened in
in either a browser or the CDF Player display and operate properly, so
it seems the error must occur when the files are created.  Any ideas?

Mathematica 8, iMac, OS X 10.6.8, Chrome, Firefox