Help needed - Mathematica code

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122933] Help needed - Mathematica code
  • From: "Tetsu Tetsu.HDD" <tetsu.hdd at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 06:04:08 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me out of this problem.

To explain my problem, I will use LaTeX code.

Given a>0, 1>b>0, c>0 and d>0, I want to calculate the following

\int_0^a X Y(X)^b dX

where Y(X) is defined by

(c - \frac{Y}{d-X Y^b}) X Y^{b-1}=1

Can you tell me Mathematica codes for this problem?

Thank you in advance.