Re: All previous notebooks open at startup

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123011] Re: All previous notebooks open at startup
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 05:37:34 -0500 (EST)

On 11/19/11 at 6:44 AM, ccarter at mit.edu (W Craig Carter) wrote:

>Hello, I recent upgrade to 8.04 and to MacOs 10.7.

>When I start mathematica now, *every* screen from my previous
>session opens.  I looked at the options inspector, and Preferences
>and couldn't find anything to stop this behavior. Does anyone know.

The characteristic you are describing is a new feature of Mac OS
10.7. For some applications, this is rather handy but clearly
not for Mathematica. A simple fix is to download the freeware
utility TinkerTool that can be found at
<http://bresink.de/osx/TinkerTool.html>. Among other things,
TinkerTool allows you to set this behavior on per application
basis. Click in the icon that looks like the power button on a
Mac laptop (resume), wait a bit while TinkerTool lists the apps
on your machine, scroll down to Mathematica and set the Restore
Windows to no and you will be back to the behavior prior to OS 10.7.