Re: Scaling Fractions in Math Typesetting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123029] Re: Scaling Fractions in Math Typesetting
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 04:26:33 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 06:45:05 -0500 (EST), Gregory Lypny wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> John Fultz kindly gave me a tip to prevent numerators and denominators
> from being scaled down in inline math typesetting.  The tip is to
> evaluate
>
> Cell[StyleData["InlineCell"], ScriptLevel -> 0]
>
> in the text cell definition of the notebook's stylesheet.  How would I
> apply this to equal-symbol aligned math and centered math cells that can
> be created using the Writing Assistant palette?
>
> Regards,
>
> Gregory

You can prevent fraction scaling *everywhere* by setting the
FractionBoxOptions->{AllowScriptLevelChange->False} option at the global scope.
You can find the AllowScriptLevelChange option in the Option Inspector, set the
scope, and apply it.

You could also apply it selectively to each one of the cells containing the
fractions you care about.

But there is no way to selectively apply it to just these things created by the
Writing Assistant palette.

								-John