Re: Forcing Certain Algebraic Forms With FullSimplify

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123211] Re: Forcing Certain Algebraic Forms With FullSimplify
  • From: Scott Fortmann-Roe <scottfr at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 05:09:52 -0500 (EST)

Thank you David and Alexei, for the suggestion, I think I will probably
purchase the presentations package as I have heard a lot of good things
about it.

However, I am looking for a bit more general solution. With the FactorOut
solution, I will need to analyze my equations to determine the
transformations. However, I would like something that takes any arbitrary
equation and isolates the "b" from multiplication without any extra
analysis on my part.

It seems like the FullSimplify/ComplexityFunction I presented should do
that, but it doesn't. Are there any tricks or Gotchas you know of that I am
missing in my ComplexityFunction that would make it work correct.

-Scott