Re: How to integrate a function over a polygon

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123227] Re: How to integrate a function over a polygon
  • From: Mikael <mikaen.anderson.1969 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 04:14:29 -0500 (EST)

Many thanks indeed for your elegant solution, Andrzej. May I ask a related question regarding the last argument in

Expand[Last[PolynomialReduce[f[x, y, z], {x + y + z - 1}, {z, x, z}]]].

I wonder what is the role of {z, x, z} there. I get the same answer if I change it to {z, x} or {z} and I could not figure it out from the help page for PolynomialReduce either.

/Mikael