Re: How to use PDF for function definition?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121975] Re: How to use PDF for function definition?
  • From: Barrie Stokes <Barrie.Stokes at newcastle.edu.au>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 04:51:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi

It took a moment to see your error.

In Mathematica, variable names are case sensitive.

PDFLa[3] is *not* the same as PDFla[3].

You would have seen that in the input PDFLa[3], the "PDFLa" part was blue, not black.

Select the coloured characters, go to Help, and release on "Why the Coloring?...", and it will tell you. Misspelled variable names can be routinely detected that way.

Useful if you type as well (not!) as I do.

Cheers

Barrie