inexplicable crash

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122175] inexplicable crash
  • From: Ignacio Plazeta <Ignacio.Plazeta at speednet.es>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 07:41:57 -0400 (EDT)

refers to:
Mathematica 8.0.1.0
Windows Xp SP2

Dear Friends

Mathematica was working fine but, all of a sudden,
seemingly randomly, it shuts down (the Win Xp typical message error,
pops up).

Sometime it performs heavy computation the right way, sometime front end
crashes
while apparently in idle (kernel not being even loaded).

Can I trace the reason why ?

The running machine is in a students allowed lab
in my campus, but as far I know and I see no alterations
have been performed.

Thanks a lot for your patience.
Ignacio Plazeta