Parameter Fitting in coupled differential equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122318] Parameter Fitting in coupled differential equation
  • From: "Alexandre Santos Abreu" <alexandre.abreu at physik.uni-augsburg.de>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:16:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hello!

I have two coupled differential equations:

dx/dt = -(f2+r1) x + r2 y + f1 c0
dy/dt = f2 cM x - f2 x y - r2 y

As you can see I have five different parameters f1, f2, r1, r2, cM
I also have two sets of measurements (x[t], y[t])

Is it possible to let Mathematica search for the parameter set which
produces the best fit to the measured values?

Thanks!

Alex