Another basic (?) question about RecurrenceTable and replacement

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122322] Another basic (?) question about RecurrenceTable and replacement
  • From: victorphy <vbapst at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:17:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

here is another question I could'nt find the asnwer on the web,
altough I guess it's very elementary.

Here is my problem. Assume I want to solve an implicit equation on two
variables :

x_0 = _2, y_0 = 0

(x_{n+1},y_{n+1}) = sol(n/10,x_n,y_n)
for n = 1..10

where f cannot be defined explicitely but is given by something like
(I give  a silly exemple):

sol[a_?NumericQ, b_?NumericQ,c_?NumericQ] := FindRoot[{f[x, a], x +

What is the way to write this using RecurrenceTable and computing
sol[n/10,x[n],y[n]] only once ? (as in the real life the rootsearching
is longer than above) ?

Any help would be very welcome.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,