Re: Quit versus Clear["Global`*"]
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121201] Re: Quit versus Clear["Global`*"]
- From: "Oleksandr Rasputinov" <oleksandr_rasputinov at hmamail.com>
- Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 17:56:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 13:10:50 +0100, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at me.com> wrote: > What is the difference between quitting the kernel and executing > Clear["Global`*"]? > > Is there a command to quit the kernel, instead of selecting Quit/Local > from there Evaluate menu? > > Thanks > Definitions can be made at run-time in other contexts apart from Global`. For example, AutoLoad packages make their definitions mostly in the System` context. Quitting the kernel removes all of these, as well as closing all open streams and MathLink connections, unloading LibraryFunctions, and so on. The command used to quit the kernel is simply Quit or Quit.