Re: How create new style sheet- Mathematica 8
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121348] Re: How create new style sheet- Mathematica 8
- From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 04:19:24 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply-to: jfultz at wolfram.com
On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 07:29:17 -0400 (EDT), Murray Eisenberg wrote: > How does one create (and save!) a new style sheet in Mathematica 8? > > One way that used to work in earlier versions was: > > 1. Open a new notebook, say Untitled-1.nb. > > 2. From the menu, select Format > Edit StyleSheet, which pops up a > "Private Style Defintions for Untitled-1.nb" style sheet. > > 3. Edit that popped-up style sheet. At this point, press the Install button on the toolbar. That will save it on your stylesheet path where it will automatically be found and populated into the menus. Sincerely, John Fultz jfultz at wolfram.com User Interface Group Wolfram Research, Inc. > 3. Use Save As to save that popped up style sheet under some name. > > But this does not work in Mathematica 8: it does not let you Save As for > a style sheet! > > Another method was to begin by making a copy of Default.nb, edit that, > etc. However, again Mathematica 8 does not allow a Save As on the copied > file.