Re: Is this a bug ? 1/N[Range] = crash
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121430] Re: Is this a bug ? 1/N[Range] = crash
- From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 04:37:50 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
See the following thread for the possible reason for this. Note that it is not a problem in the current version of Mathematica: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/d29ecc9362d97d32/81ea4332f249c786 Hope this helps, David On Sep 14, 5:15 am, "g.re... at iit.cnr.it" <g.re... at iit.cnr.it> wrote: > I was testing an installation of Mathematica 7.0.0 for Linux 64 bits, > and I noticed that every time I evaluated the simple > 1 / N[Range] or 1.0/N[Range] the kernel apparently crashed. > > Evaluating it in the textual shell (command "math") the > program exits abruptly with the message "Floating point exception". > > Is this "normal" (then: why?) or is a bug or do you think is a bugged > install ? > > thanks, > g.