Re: Error Message on Magnification

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121674] Re: Error Message on Magnification
  • From: "Tong Shiu-sing" <sstong at phy.cuhk.edu.hk>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 22:36:14 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for the suggestion, but all options seem to be normal, the value
of the Magnification is set to 1. for the Display Options and 100% for
Window > Magnification at the menu item.

The error appears every time I enter Mathematica, and every time I leave
a beep and the same message appears.

A red background appears on EVERY plot I make in EVERY notebook, and the
error message appears in the message box. The red background disappears
when I re-size the notebook, change it display, or select the cell and
choose Format > Clear Formatting. But it is so annoying that I could not
work properly.

I wonder if it is a problem in the setting, or a bug in Mathematica.
Please help.

  Perhaps you might start by looking at the option inspector in the
Format menu. Select Global|NotebookOptions|DisplayOptions and see what
is the value set for Magnification (last item on the right hand side).
Alternatively, in the Window menu, check for Magnification and, if
possible, choose one of the values in the list.

  -Tomas

  > Dear All,
  >
  > The following error message keeps on appearing in my Mathematica 8,
  > repeatedly
  >
  > "The specified setting for the option Magnification cannot be used."
  >
  > The message reappears even if I close all the files and launch
Mathematica