Multiple WEBCAMS with' Mathematica's CurrentImage[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121727] Multiple WEBCAMS with' Mathematica's CurrentImage[]
  • From: dreznik <dreznik at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 02:45:23 -0400 (EDT)

I am working on a project on stereo vision which would be greatly
simplified (in terms of time synchronization) if I could attaching two
webcams to the same PC, and process their images in real time.

I was wondering if that's already possible with some variant around
CurrentImage[]

The manual does mention $ImagingDevices and $DefaultImagingDevice, the
latter being a protected variable.

Any hope?