Re: Mathematica 8 3D Plot question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125834] Re: Mathematica 8 3D Plot question
  • From: Murta <rodrigomurtax at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 04:33:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 2, 5:23 am, Victor Manuel <xvic... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to ask for some assistance, I'm noob with Mathematica.
>
> My problem is this:
> - I have an Excel (XLS) sheet, with wind profile data (altitude,
> horizontal speed, direction, vertical speed, etc..), each hour has 15
> altitudes, so one day has 360 readings, more than 10k per month.
> - What I need to do is create a 3D chart with all the month readings,
> considering that the chart need to be polar for wind direction, one
> axis need to the altitude, and finally the horizontal speed, basically
> what I need is a 3D Windrose
> - Also, need to create a chart like the one above, instead o plotting
> all the points, plot ranges.
> - Finally, is it possible to make it interactive, meaning, have the
> ability to move the point of view, to deliver a file that can be
> viewed with CDF Player?
>
> Your assistance will be really appreciated.
>
> Regards.

Hi VIctor
You can do this in Mathematica certainly.
There is a list of commands for you to looking for in Mathematica
Helps (F1):

1- Graphics3D[]
     To do graphics in an more primitive way, you will need the Line
option

2- ListPointPlot3D
     More easy way to plot points, but not joined

3- Manipulate
    Create dynamic content

4- Import["yourfile.xlsx"]
    To import your excel