Where is ShowGraph?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125949] Where is ShowGraph?
  • From: James Stein <mathgroup at stein.org>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 05:32:55 -0400 (EDT)

I assume Combinatorica comes preloaded with Mathematica 8, because my
attempt to load Combinatorica gives an error message "Combinatorica Graph
and Permutations functionality has been superseded by preloaded
functionaliy[sic]."

And indeed, so it seems, as this code works fine:
   g = GraphData["KnightsTour"]
resulting in an apparently sensible list structure for g.

However, online documentation for Combinatorica describes a routine
ShowGraph, giving this example:
   ShowGraph[CompleteGraph[5]]
But ShowGraph is not defined (apparently not preloaded). Indeed,
'ShowGraph' appears in blue text (undefined) in the aforementioned
documentation page.

I visited www.combinatorica.com, as suggested by the documentation, without
edification.

What am I missing?  How do I display the graph 'g'?