MathGroup Archive 2012

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

scrolling GUI problem

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126111] scrolling GUI problem
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 03:54:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@mail-archive0.wolfram.com

Dear Community,

I regularly have the following problem with the Mathematica GUI. After sometime of a normal Mathematica session the scrolling function stops working properly.

1. Usually very soon after I start any Mathematica session, the scroll-down arrow stops working. The both scroll arrows are visible in this case, but the scroll-down arrow does not react to the mouse. In this situation I can only scroll through the document by pulling the scroll bar. This, however, always starts by first jumping into the very beginning of the document and further scrolling from there. It is very boring especially in the cases of long documents that I often have.

2. As the next step after some time working in the Regime Nr. 1 the bottom scroll-down arrow disappears. Since this moment the scroll bar becomes motionless. The only way now is to close Mathematica and to start it anew. The good thing about it is that saving is not disabled in this point, so to extent it is tolerable.

Though tolerable, I would be grateful for advising me, how to avoid this and, generally, the information about this problem.

I work on PC/Windows XP/Mathematica 8.04.0

Thank you, Alexei  

Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan,
11, rue Edmond Reuter,
L-5326 Contern, LUXEMBOURG

Office phone :  +352-2454-2566
Office fax:       +352-2454-3566
mobile phone:  +49 151 52 40 66 44

e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu

• Prev by Date: Problems with Graph