Re: nonlinearmodelfit problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126105] Re: nonlinearmodelfit problem
  • From: "Dan O'Brien" <danobrie at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 03:52:30 -0400 (EDT)

I have had the same sort of problems.  How have you set up your
simultaneous fit?  If it is set up so that your data is in the form

{{1,x11,y11},{1,x12,y12}......{2,x2n,y2n}}

where the first index is for the dataset (1 or 2)
and your function is set up with kroneckerdelta

nlm[dataset,x,parameters]:=KroneckerDelta[dataset-1]nlm1[parameters]+KroneckerDelta[dataset-2]nlm2[parameters]

Then you could use the Weights option in NonlinearModelFit

Weights->(If[#1==2,100000,1]&) (if the larger ranged dataset is dataset 1)

-Dan