Re: Using Workbench to debug Compile[] ??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127566] Re: Using Workbench to debug Compile[] ??
  • From: W Craig Carter <ccarter at MIT.EDU>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 21:45:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
Sometimes, I've found this useful: (from the CompilePrint man page)

Needs["CompiledFunctionTools`"]
c = Compile[{{x}}, x^2 + Sin[x^2]];
CompilePrint[c]

W Craig Carter
Professor of Materials Science, MIT

On Aug 4, , at Sat Aug 4, 12 @6:01 AM, Axel wrote:

> No, this is just a general question.
> I want to know if it is at all possible to debug a function that is
returned by the Compile command with the Workbench. As I see it, this is
NOT possible because I now have bytecode and not any more Mathematica
source code.