Re: Importing xlsx spreadsheet data into Mathematica, version 7.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127736] Re: Importing xlsx spreadsheet data into Mathematica, version 7.0
  • From: Helen Read <readhpr at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 03:46:44 -0400 (EDT)

On 8/16/2012 1:58 AM, Alan Beilis wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck doing this? If so, would you mind providing
> the Mathematica syntax to do this? Thanks for any and all help!

I don't remember when Mathematica first began supporting Import and
Export of .xlsx, but if might not have been until version 8. So try
saving your spreadsheet as .xls and import that.

Even in version 8, I find that importing and exporting .xls often works
better than .xlsx.

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont