Re: Default font in Mathematica 9

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129016] Re: Default font in Mathematica 9
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 01:32:36 -0500 (EST)

Good to know that Default_8.0.nb is there. And, also under OS X, I can
use choose it as stylesheet -- although it takes a lot of navigation to
get there.

But how does one add it to the Format > Stylesheet menu list? I uses
File > Install to do so and even restarted Mathematica 9 with a clean
cache (using Shift + Cmd at startup). But Default_8.0 is still not
listed there.

P.S. Docs say you can reset Mathematica's preferences to their default
value by holding down Shift+Ctrl during startup. But under OS X that
doesn't even allow Mathematica to open! It just brings up the context
menu for Mathematica.app.

On Dec 7, 2012, at 1:39 AM, George Woodrow III <georgevw3 at mac.com>
wrote:

> I was poking around in the Package contents (OS X -- I am sure windows
has a similar mechanism), and found a file called Default_8.0.nb. I did
a diff with the default that shipped with version 8 and found that it
was the same.

> Perhaps WRI anticipated this issue and included this 'plan b'.
>
> It is also good to learn that Arial made its appearance in the final
beta.  I was a beta tester and completely missed it.

> george
>
> On Dec 6, 2012, at 4:55 AM, Fred Simons <f.h.simons at tue.nl> wrote:
>
>> The new stylesheet default.nb turned up in the last beta release. I
was
>> heavily shocked observing this. All my course material, using the old

>> default style, now looks terrible. I wrote an angry reaction to wri,

>> suggesting that at least users should have the choice using  the old
or
>> the new default.nb, but never got a response.
>>
>> Fred

>>> Courier.  How do I change it back to Times?  Thanks.

>>> Agreement here!
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Murray Eisenberg
>>> murray at math.umass.edu
>>> Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
>>> Lederle Graduate Research Tower            phone 413 549-1020 (H)
>>> University of Massachusetts                               413
545-2838 (W)

>>> 710 North Pleasant Street                         fax   413 545-1801
>>> Amherst, MA 01003-9305
>>>

>>> -----
>>> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
>>> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
>>> Versie: 2013.0.2793 / Virusdatabase: 2634/5936 - datum van uitgifte:
12/04/12

---
Murray Eisenberg