Corruption of file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129063] Corruption of file
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 02:25:45 -0500 (EST)

Dear community,

During the work evaluation a cell I got the message:

"There is a syntax error in the file being read. Do you want to open it as
a plain text?"

Upon pressing "Yes" I got the message:

"There was a syntax error on line 541095 in the file: 2Dgraphics.nb.
The error was:

bdnhsNoXjUtzE3OjHyBhBxTcduHehni+"

And the question, if I wish to open it as a plain text file. Upon the pressing the "Yes" button the hang up starts.

The file in question cannot be open by Mathematica any more.

It is Mathematica 9 on Windows XP.

Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan,