Plot Points over an image

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129158] Plot Points over an image
  • From: lopez.matencio at gmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 02:41:53 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I have a TIFF image of 640x640 pixels, over which I would like to plot a list of points or disks with small radius.
I have been testing different alternatives and I found ImageCompose command.

ImageCompose[image, {Graphics[{PointSize[.009], Black, Point[{0, 0}]}
   ], .6}, {600, 600}]

This place a point at pixels {600,600} from left-bottom, but if I set a point close to e.g. right edge of the image {635,600} the point is into the frame bat there is not image at background. Namely, the image does not show all the pixels. First, let say 20-25 first x-pixels of the image, and the last 20-25 x-pixels of the image are invisibles.

When I tick the image it shows the image at the center of the frame and two blank vertical spaces at right and left of the image.

Two questions:
- There exist any option or command I could use to show the full image, i.e. the 640 x 640 pixels?
- How could I display over imposed a list of points (e.g. 40 points) at pixel coordinates and all on the same image.

Thank you very much for your help and time.

Pablo