Re: ImageResize does not linearize before resize?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg129184] Re: ImageResize does not linearize before resize?
- From: Matthias Odisio <matthias at wolfram.com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 03:21:12 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20121130105925.C98E16917@smc.vnet.net>
On 11/30/12 4:59 AM, Alexey Popkov wrote: > > Hi Matthias, > > Reviving an old question in connection with the release of version 9, could you please explain how to use the new image processing functionality for correct image resizing? I could not find in the documentation instructions how to do it correctly in the sense described on the page > > http://www.4p8.com/eric.brasseur/gamma.html > > Sincerely, > Alexey Popkov The discussion moved to: http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/questions/15596/the-correct-way-to-linearize-colorspace-before-resizing-blurring-etc# For the record: In summary, Alexey developed a solution with Mathematica 9, using especially the new color profiles features. Excerpts from my comment: "[Alexey's solution] is clearly my preferred approach for this problem. Please keep in mind that image processing is applied to many domains where pixel data have arbitrary (or even no) physical units; for these cases M's implementation is the most appropriate; [the current issue] is nearly marginal, and M9 allows for an elegant workaround." Matthias Odisio Wolfram Research