Re: Cursor position on images

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129296] Re: Cursor position on images
  • From: "djmpark" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 22:24:42 -0500 (EST)

What about using Menu -> Graphics -> DrawingTools and the Get Coordinates
object (the crosshairs)?

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net

From: King, Peter R [mailto:peter.king at imperial.ac.uk]

I am sure this is straightforward but I cannot quite see how to do this. I
have an image (jpg file, but could be any format if that matters). I want to
be able to left click on the image and mark the point with a dot of some
sort and collect the coordinates of the point (the coordinate system is
fairly arbitrary). I then want to be able to repeat this as many times as
required and end up with a list of the coordinates of the points clicked on
for further manipulation. Clickpane should do the trick but I can't work out
how.

Any suggestions, thanks.

Peter