how to add color legend bar to a ListContourPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124726] how to add color legend bar to a ListContourPlot
  • From: Ted Sariyski <tsariysk at craft-tech.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 04:58:21 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I want to add a color legend to a ListContourPlot. I tried ShowLegend e.g.

ShowLegend[ ListContourPlot[xyDat, {ColorData["LakeColors"][#1] &, 10, "
1", "-1"]

but I don't know how to make the ColorFunction of ListContourPlot
consistent with ColorData of ShowLegend.  Or may be there is a different
way of doing this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
--Ted