Mathematica 8 - kernel hangs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124778] Mathematica 8 - kernel hangs
  • From: Tim Haynes <noobwhisperer at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 06:04:03 -0500 (EST)

Hello All -

I'm experienced user of Mathematica since the early 90s
I'm using Mathematica 8 Home Edition and find the kernel is hanging
way more frequently than I've ever seen before. I have Mathematica 7
(professional version) installed at my job and the same notebooks that
hang in my Home Edition work fine in Mathematica 7.

Anyone else having this issue with version 6 Home Edition?
Anyone know if this could be related to the parallel kernels or new
"Dynamic Evaluation" ?

I've played around with some of the kernel params but kind find any
"smoking gun".

Thanks !
~Tim