Re: PlotStyle and Markers

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124858] Re: PlotStyle and Markers
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 05:43:14 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone.  Is there a way to plot three functions with different

markers?  I know plotstyle has tiny - large sized dashes, but is there

a way to place diamond, square, circle, etc shapes to differentiate

the functions?  I'm also using the PlotLegend and I hope the markers

will also appear in the legend.

Thanks

I write this as an addition to what I have already proposed and to address your present question concerning the legend.

If you will use my approach, then you need to make the legend yourself. Try this, for example:

Epilog -> Inset[Panel[Column[{

     Row[{Graphics[{Blue, Rectangle[]}, ImageSize -> 5],

       Style["   My first curve", 10, Blue]}],

     Row[{Graphics[{Purple, Polygon[{{1, 0}, {0, Sqrt[3]}, {-1, 0}}]},

         ImageSize -> 5], Style["   My second curve", 10, Purple]}],

     Row[{Graphics[{Red,

         Polygon[Table[{Cos[2 \[Pi] k/6], Sin[2 \[Pi] k/6]}, {k, 0,

            5}]]}, ImageSize -> 5],

       Style["   My third curve", 10, Red]}]

                           }]],

  Scaled[{0.8, 0.8}]

  ]

Inser this epilog into the Show operator like this:

Show[{pl1,pl2,pl3}, Epilog->....]

Have further fun, Alexei

Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.

IEE S.A.