Re: Input cells destroy Grids?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124899] Re: Input cells destroy Grids?
  • From: A Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 06:37:35 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

>> incel = {1, 2, 3, 4};
>> matrix = {{1, 0, 0, 0}, {0, 1, 0, 0}, {0, 0, 1, 0}, {0, 0, 0, 1}};
>> Style[Grid[{{MatrixForm[incel, TableDirections -> Row],
>>     ""}, {InputField[MatrixForm[matrix]], MatrixForm[incel.matrix]}}],
>>   FontSize -> 40]

> I would like to know if there's any reason why the Grid was ignored,
> though - is it a Mathematica bug or am I combining things incorrectly?

I think the problem with the above code is just that the InputField will
be huge (especially its width) for FontSize 40, if I execute the above
I'll just see the leftmost columns of the Grid, but if I scroll to the
right I will see the end of the InputField and then the right column
containing MatrixForm[incel.matrix]. Would that be the same on your
machine? I'd  try to use a smaller font size just to see whether it works.

hth,

albert