Re: Using .NET/Link on 64-bit Windows Server 2008

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125002] Re: Using .NET/Link on 64-bit Windows Server 2008
  • From: Joe Eddy <jceddy at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 06:24:57 -0500 (EST)

Okay, I figured out that this is a problem with the .NET/Link library
on a 64-bit machine when using NativeLink.  The NativeLink constructor
doesn't have any code to detect when running a 64-bit application on a
64-bit OS, so it will never use the Win64 API.  I added some code to
detect this to the library and now it seems to be working fine on both
64- and 32-bit machines.

I already posted a follow-up with example code of the change I made in
the NativeLink class.