Re: Running MathematicaScript in Mac Terminal

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125013] Re: Running MathematicaScript in Mac Terminal
  • From: Morgan Sutherland <morgan at msutherl.net>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 06:28:47 -0500 (EST)

Yup, sounds good, but two small notes:

Should be:

chmod a+x =96 (not a-x)

And you can run the script from a directory outside of your PATH if you do:

./math.m

or if you're in another folder:

../path/to/math.m

But I'm guessing you wanted this to be a script that would be available
from any folder with ease in which case yes, you should put it in your PATH.

You might find the Bash guide useful:
http://tldp.org/LDP/Bash-Beginners-Guide/html/ for solving such problems in
the future.

Best,