Re: Interrupt a block

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125074] Re: Interrupt a block
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 02:51:57 -0500 (EST)

On 2/19/2012 1:27 PM, Sam Takoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a command for interrupting a block of code?
>
> For example, if I have a list of 10 commands, but I only want to
> execute the first five?

Why do you need to interrupt it?

There's Abort[] for a hard abort

There's Interrupt[] which will interrupt and ask what you want to do

There's Dialog[] that'll give you an interactive subsession at that
point so you can inspect the kernel state

There's Throw[] for returning (a value) from arbitrarily deep in an
expression

There's Return[], as well as the undocumented two argument form
Return[val, fun] which returns from function fun

There's Break[], Continue[], Goto[] ...

As well as others.  Can you explain why and how do you need to interrupt
the calculation so we can give a more specific answer?

--
Szabolcs Horvát
Visit Mathematica.SE:  http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/