Re: Rule replacement doesn't work after NDSolve?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124032] Re: Rule replacement doesn't work after NDSolve?
  • From: gac <g.crlsn at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 04:18:05 -0500 (EST)

Thank you.  Great example.

I see that the FullForm[-2*I] is also not Times[Complex[-2,0],Complex[0,1]].

So this won't work either:

-2*I/.Complex[0,1]->Complex[0,-1]

to replace only I with -I, we need to use parentheses:

Not very pretty, and it seems to get worse very quickly:

1-2*(I/.I->-I)

or

2*(I/.I->-I)*Exp[2*(I/.I->-I)]

It seems that every replacement of I with -I must be specified separately.  Uuugly!