Question about typesetting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124123] Question about typesetting
  • From: Fred Simons <f.h.simons at tue.nl>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 05:57:13 -0500 (EST)

When we have a text cell with a few lines of text and when we insert a
button in the very beginning, then of course the text starts immediately
behind the button and wraps without indention over the lines of the
cell, as far to the right as possible.

I want to achieve the same layout by means of a kernel command. The best
I could find is

In[4]:= Style[Row[{Button["Buttontext",Null]," ","These sentences form a
very long text. These sentences form a very long text. These sentences
form a very long text. These sentences form a very long text. These
sentences form a very long text. These sentences form a very long text.
These sentences form a very long text. These sentences form a very long
text. These sentences form a very long text."}], LineIndent->0]

There is no indention at the left hand side of the output cell. But the
soft line breaks in the string are not as far to the right as possible,
and the display of the string starts at a new line instead of straight
after the button.

It seems to me that it must be possible to arrive at the same layout as
a text cell. Maybe there is a simple solution, but I cannot find it. Can
someone give me a hint?

Many thanks in advance,

Fred Simons
Eindhoven University of Technology