Cell/Stylesheet Question Umlauts

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124170] Cell/Stylesheet Question Umlauts
  • From: Peter Breitfeld <phbrf at t-online.de>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 17:19:55 -0500 (EST)

When I enter capitalizes Umlauts in the first line of a Text cell (or
Title,...), e.g "blabla Ã?Ã?Ã?" the dots are nearly unvisible. This happens
in most stylesheets including default.nb.

It seems to depend of the Font chosen, it happens with Palatino (my
favorite) and Times (maybe others too), but not with Times New Roman or
Optima.

My question: is it possible to alter some preferences in Option
Inspector or in my private StyleSheet to make the Cells big enough to
give place for the umlaut-dots?

Thank you

Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany -- http://www.pBreitfeld.de