Nested Manipulate copies to clipboard as "grey box"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124236] Nested Manipulate copies to clipboard as "grey box"
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:06:15 -0500 (EST)

It seems a nested Manipulate will not copy correctly as a bitmap.

Here's a toy example:

Manipulate[
  Manipulate[
   Plot[Sin[k x]^n, {x, 0, 10}], {k, 1, 5}], {n, {1, 2, 3, 4}}]

Evaluate this, select the output cell, then choose Edit -> Copy As ->
Bitmap.  I believe this is only available on Windows.  Then paste the
bitmap back to the notebook to view it.

The inner Manipulate's contents will show as a grey box.

Is there a workaround for this?

Motivation: I am using
FrontEndTokenExecute[FrontEnd`SelectionNotebook[], "CopySpecial", "MGF"]
to obtain a rasterized version of the selection in the notebook.  I have
not found any other reliable way to rasterize the notebook selection
without changing the way it looks.

--
Szabolcs Horvát
Mma QA site proposal: http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/37304