opposite of AppendTo

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124307] opposite of AppendTo
  • From: burke <burket at mailbox.sc.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 17:12:16 -0500 (EST)

AppendTo[s,e] appends "e" to "s" and then RESETS "s". How does one
delete or remove an element "e" from a list "s" and then RESET "s"?
The _reset_ is my problem.  I want to be able to add and delete
elements of a list (a list of graphical elements with very low
opacity).  I can "appendto" the list at will but am unable to delete
elements (using Delete, DeleteCases, Except, Select, etc.). Deleting
"e" from "s" is easy enough, but resetting "s" seems impossible.
Help!!