For best performance Graphics Card Quadro 600 or geforce GTX 560 ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124379] For best performance Graphics Card Quadro 600 or geforce GTX 560 ?
  • From: Mauro <mauro at NONOyahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 07:01:29 -0500 (EST)

I have to choose the video card of the computer that I will use with
Mathematica 8. Which of the two cards video following  is the best?
nVidia Quadro 600
nvidia geforce GTX 560

In my university my friends recommend me the second because it has
more CUDA core. In a shop of computer science they have recommended me
instead the first card because it is more driver specific. Who is
right?