KenKen Helper as a Mathematica CDF

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124424] KenKen Helper as a Mathematica CDF
  • From: amzoti <amzoti at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 05:11:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi All I was wondering about various examples of CDF that would be helpful to show their power (but I cannot afford Mathematica anymore).

Anyway, here is one example: http://www.bluffton.edu/~nesterd/java/kenkenhelp.html

Note: this is a KenKen (www.kenken.com/) helper, not a solver!

It would be great to allow:
1. Define size (4x4 to 9x9)
2. Have the four four mathematical operators (+, -, /, *)
3. Allow a user to define the size of each cage
4. For each of the cages, provide all of the numbers that satisfy that cage

It does this for all of the numbers the user defines for the entire puzzle as opposed to the manual one at a time approach the web site allows.

The user enters each number and the respective cage size for each.

It would be neat to have a level specification for linear versus nonlinear cages too.

Anyway, just a thought to show off CDF capabilities.

Thanks