How to look for this kind of error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124551] How to look for this kind of error
  • From: Sam Takoy <sam.takoy at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 05:08:48 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Suppose I have a very complicated function TestCodazzi and

TestCodazzi[0,2,3]

returns one answer while

TestCodazzi[0, x, y] //FullSimplify /. {x->2, y->3}

returns a totally different answer. Now, there is a lot going on and I
could start testing different parts of my code. However, could
Mathematica show me the instances where it was making certain
assumptions that may not be true, and so help me in tracking down this
discrepancy?

Many thanks in advance,

Sam