NonlinearModelFit to multiple data sets simultaneously?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127187] [mg127187] NonlinearModelFit to multiple data sets simultaneously?
  • From: dantimatter <google at dantimatter.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 06:16:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hello All,
I'd like to fit the following model to time series data I've collected:

- ArcTan[( Sqrt[K1/K2] (t0 - t) ) / Sqrt[K1*K2]

where K1, K2, and t0 are unknown parameters.  Currently I'm using NonlinearModelFit to independently extract each of these parameters from five different datasets, even though the only parameter expected to change between the datasets is K1.  Is there a way to NonlinearModelFit to all the data at once to find the single values of t0 and K2 that give best fit to all, while still allowing K1 to 'float'?

Thanks!