Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127241] Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 02:17:22 -0400 (EDT)

It would be nice if the front end were more responsive in these cases (says the
guy who would be responsible for making it happen).  In the mean time, one thing
which usually works pretty well is to kill the MathKernel process.  Doing so
will typically leave your front end intact and make it responsive again.

You can do this pretty easily from the Activity Monitor in MacOS, or the Task
Manager (looking at the Processes tab...*not* the Applications tab) in Windows.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group