Re: Quit and Restart kernel quickly?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127292] Re: Quit and Restart kernel quickly?
  • From: James Stein <mathgroup at stein.org>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 01:30:48 -0400 (EDT)

Most of my notebooks begin with a cell that begins thus:
   SetDirectory [ NotebookDirectory [ ] ] ;
   Needs ["this`"] ;
   Needs ["that`"] ;
   etc.

When I have issues such as shadowing, I put another cell on top:
   Quit [ ] ;

To "quit and restart the kernel", as you put it, I click in the top
cell, then in the cell immediately below. No need to use the menu even
once. HTH