Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127357] Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
  • From: Yves Klett <yves.klett at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 03:48:12 -0400 (EDT)

Michael,

the subjective stability changed brutally between versions 5 and 6 with
the introduction of the whole dynamic frontend stuff. With version 6 and
all the very desirable interactivity the number of kernel kills rocketed
for me.

If you use this heavily there are often hangs/crashes that seem
difficult to reproduce. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Which
can be quite vexing. Of course this may still be due to bad programming,
but in a rather non-deterministic fashion.

Regards,
Yves