how to jump from one cell to the other using the keyboard?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127458] how to jump from one cell to the other using the keyboard?
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 03:34:45 -0400 (EDT)

I'd like to be able to jump to the first position of the next cell
using say PAGE-DOWN key (or any other key is ok).  (also jump to the
above cell using the PAGE-UP key)

Is there a way to do that? I looked at

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/KeyboardShortcutListing.html

and do not see one.

i.e. the cursor might be in the middle of a cell, and I'd like
it to go to jump to start of the next cell (or the above cell)
using one key hit.

(I am getting tired of using the arrow key to scroll down and up
the notebook)

thanks,
--Nasser