Re: Heat Equation on a surface sphere using NDSolve?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127499] Re: Heat Equation on a surface sphere using NDSolve?
  • From: George <georgesabitbol4 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 03:46:24 -0400 (EDT)

I found something close to what I need, but in another system:

 PDE := n*(diff(h(theta, phi, t), t)) = (diff(K*(diff(h(theta, phi, t),
 theta)), theta))/(r^2*sin(phi)^2)+(diff(K*sin(phi)*(diff(h(theta, phi,
 t), phi)), phi))/(r^2*sin(phi)) ;

 sol := pdsolve(PDE, h(theta, phi, t));

 but I really want to do it with Mathematica, as my other system's license will expire soon and only Mathematica will be available in my place.

 Any ideas how I can convert this into Mathematica?

 thanks.